Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wedding Weekend

Well I have had my first official FULL WEDDING weekend. I picked up my mom on Thursday night and we started the first appointment after I got off work on Friday.

Appointment #1- Cake tasting at Lakeview Bakery in Rowlett, Texas
Recap: So yummy. Really good cakes. Very professional designs and staff. The price was a tad more than I wanted to spend but I trust this bakery to deliver great tasting cakes that look beautiful.


I also learned I only need 4 layers for the amount of people I am feeding cake to but I really wanted more height so we are looking at having the top layer set up on columns and fill the empty space with hydrangeas...stay tuned.

Friday night we went home, watched tv, and looked through the 20 bridal magazines I had for ideas.

Saturday
Appointment #2- Meeting/Consultation with Mockingbird florist

Recap: I really liked the florist. I felt like she was trying really hard to give me affordable ideas and still accomplish a dramatic look. Bottom line- she knows what she is doing, she has done it at both of my locations before, and she is close to my price range.



Appointment #3- Try on wedding gown for Mom and auntie Diane.
Recap: Mom cried when I walked out it the gown...so it's the winner. In efforts to keep this part as much of a surprise as possible that is all I will say. It is perfect for me and I am so glad the search has ended. I probably tried on over 30 dresses. Sorry no pictures.

Appointment #4- look for fabric for bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dress
Recap: We underestimated our time and felt a little rushed. We did find some beautiful fabrics at great prices. I would like to go back and take more time to look around. I don't really have any pics of this either since all I have is little swatches...

Appointment #5- Cake tasting at Bakery by George in Garland, Texas
Recap: Bakery by George is a little hole in the wall bakery in Garland, Texas that we have used, my friends have used, friends of friends have used for petifours, birthday cakes, doughnuts, pastries and some have used for wedding cakes. I don't know if we had an off day for the tasting but the cakes were very dry and to boot they were more expensive then Lakeview!! crazy to me. This is why you shop around.


Appointment #6- Dinner at Chuy's and watch the Arkansas Game
Recap: The food was excellent, the swirl margarita was even more excellent, and the victory over Missouri State was AWESOME! Way to go brother! (#59) We "watched" the game on the handy dandy iphone application from ESPN. Probably the coolest thing I have seen. It was live up to date play by plays and it even shows a football field and where the offensive team is on the field. Loved it.


Whew. We were tired!! We had a more lazy Sunday. Then hit a couple more appointments on Monday. I won't bore you with those...but just know it was full and fun. I really enjoyed having mom here for a voice of reason, input, and support. I was sad to see both mom and dad go but I will see them again in a couple of weeks..

2 comments:

Shawna said...

so wish i could have been there to join you, but even more glad that you were able to get things done together...and in person. :) ahhhh chuy's...that sounds so amazing. love you! i think your dress is stunning!

Unknown said...

WOW, we did do a lot in a few short days! So fun - loved getting to have girl time to concentrate just on you and the wedding! You are an amazing young woman and I'm so proud of all you are and all you do ... and you look pretty amazing in your W - dress!
love you loads...mom