Today I'm thankful for many things and especially loving:
1. Our trip to Disney World has officially been booked! Melissa, Jdub, David and I will be going together in May 2011 courtesey of Melissa's wonderful parents- Pam and Bill Skaar! Thank you for sharing this blessing with us!! I cannot wait to be a kid again.

PLUS

=FUN
2. Today I'm also loving the women in my Bible study group. I am still getting to know each of them more but it has been such a treat for me to be encouraged and blessed by a group of 10 wonderful women around my age. Some are single, some are married, some are pregnant or about to have a baby and it is awesome to see how God is working in each of our lives in each of our different places.
Yesterday we started a 5 week study on 1 Samuel. It has been a little while since I've read 1 Samuel and I am already learning so much from the lives of Hannah and Samuel. Last night we mostly focused on 1 Samuel, Chapter 1. This chapter describes the depression and despair Hannah is in because she is unable to have a child. She literally cannot eat she is so upset and hurt by this. She goes and prays to the Lord.
"She was deeply distressed and prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly. And she vowed a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if you will indeed look on the affliction of your servant and remember me and not forget your servant, but will give to your servant a son, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall touch his head.” 1 Samuel 1:10-11
The priest Eli overheard her prayer and said in verse 17:
"Then Eli said,“Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition that you have made to him.” 18 And she said, “Let your servant find favor in your eyes.” Then the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad."
What I was so moved by was that Hannah found peace and hope from the Lord alone and not from having her prayer answered. Later she does give birth to a son but before even knowing she would she "ate and her face was no longer sad." She found peace and comfort in the Lord alone.
Today I am loving that the Lord used this study to show me to find peace in Him and take comfort in knowing I'm a part of His purpose regardless of all of my prayers being answered exactly the way I want them to be :)
3. One of my prayers lately has been to have quality time with my immediate family This can be very difficult when we all live in a different STATE. That's right not city- State. This weekend we will all be together for the first time since March! Ahh bliss. We are celebrating my brother, Rhett in Arkansas. This Saturday is what they call the Senior game where they hold a special presentation for all the senior football players. My mom, dad, sister and I will get to go on the field with him!! It's going to be so great. I'm so loving this answered prayer.
This is 2.5 years old...but you get the idea :)

What are you loving today?
2 comments:
I love reading your posts! You are just such a beautiful young woman, inside ad out! I am so thankful that Meliss has you in her life! I am also soooooo excited about you all taking David to WDW! He will have a magical time for sure!
I like all of thee above! Cannot wait!
Post a Comment