Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Re-Cap

Oh how I love the Oscars!

LOVED Sandra Bullock's stunning red dress by Vera Wang.



Jennifer Hudson showed off her new body in this FABULOUS Versace dress. That tangerine color was a perfect choice!



Natalie Portman is so beautiful in this violet-hued dress by the same designer as her ballet costumes in Black Swan, Rodarte.



I also enjoyed her acceptance speech. She's so well spoken and thanked the people we never hear about: hair and makeup artists, camera crew etc. She is a class act.

Reese Witherspoon- I love you!


This Armani dress was super classy and looked awesome with the green earrings and 60's pony tail. Beautiful.



Last but not least, Gwyneth Paltrow. I loved this Calvin Klein dress on her!



A few "Fashion Fails" included:

Nicole Kidman's excessively-embroidered gown by Christian Dior. It was terrible. I am such a fan of hers and that dress did nothing for her perfect figure.



Melissa Leo's dress was a miss in my book. I loved the high collar and the short sleeves but I was not a fan of the texture or print of this dress. Not to mention her awful speech. I do not think her cussing "mishap" was an accident. It was inappropriate and left me with a bad taste in my mouth.



I loved both Christian Bales and Colin Firth's acceptance speeches. I loved the story about how the director got the idea to do King's Speech. Lastly, I loved hearing Celine Dion sing during the "In Memoriam" section. She's so good!

1 comment:

Iliterati said...

I agree on all counts... also loved Cate Blanchett and Mila Kunis... Absolutely detested Nicole Kidman's dress, which makes me so sad, because she's wonderful.

So excited about Colin Firth's big win. I've been
in love with him ever since elementary school when he played Mr. Darcy in the made for tv version of Pride & Prejudice.