I know many of have felt this way many times before, or are feeling this way now. I know for us believers in Christ, these times can be a time of hope.
I am hopeful for restoration.
I seek restoration for my parents, for my sister, for my brother, for my fiance, for my friends, and for myself.
Without getting into every detail of why I am struggling I will instead tell you that I am encouraged today.
I am encouraged that I serve a God of refuge and strength because I cannot be strong without Him.
I am encouraged that I have friends who would take the time to send me encouraging words and verses.
I am encouraged that I have a fiance who is so comforting and kind.
I am encouraged.
If you wouldn't mind lifting a prayer for my family-specifically my daddy (Dennis) tonight I would greatly appreciate it. He has fallen on the slippery ice of Colorado and has 4 fractures in his hip and pelvic bone.

This is also on top of other severe pain that he has been having in his wrists and ankles.
As my earthly father, he has always been strong for our family. It is hard to see him hurting. So I am seeking restoration.
I leave you with some encouraging words from my sweet friends today:
"God never gives us more than we can handle because if we lift it up to Him, Christ who is all-powerful has the strength that we obviously lack. A quote that helps me in situations like this is (paraphrased), "God never promised that as believers we would be delivered from our struggles. But he does promise to deliver us through our struggles."
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."
James 1: 2-8
And in the words of my 2.5 yr old niece, Kate who was Annie for Halloween:
"The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!"
3 comments:
Just heard today-we're praying for Uncle Denny! Love you!!
God is the source of our strength and he uses all of us to be vessels of that strength given by him. Thanks for reminding all of us - you are a strength to me and I love you so...
mom
ahhh - tears. God is working and restoring and redeeming. He is.
Post a Comment