We bought a dining table so we could entertain and enjoy eating outside. We will eventually get an umbrella especially with the Texas summer sun...we will need it.

Since we placed this table on the stone patio part- we moved the sitting set to under our big tree in the yard...

I didn't take a picture of the hammock- but we now have a hammock on the left side of that big tree...so relaxing!
We also had some beautiful blooms on our big magnolia tree


When the weather gets a little warmer I immediately start craving all things "grilled" and no I do not mean "not-fried" I mean I love eating food off the grill. It just feels right in the summer. So last night we had what I call my "Go-To Summer Meal."
David grilled BBQ chicken- no recipe here. We just sprinkled the raw chicken breasts and legs with some poultry seasonings and salt and pepper then towards the end of the grilling process he spreads some BBQ sauce. We used some sauce we bought at the Texas State Fair last year called Texas Gold.

Then my FAVORITE- grilled corn on the cob. The best thing to do here is cover the ears of corn with olive oil and salt and pepper prior to putting it on the grill...that's all you need and it's amazing!

Add my favorite summer salad- is my mom's Spinach Salad.
I don't have the recipe in front of me for the dressing but the best part about this salad is the toasted almond slivers and the fresh strawberries...so yummy.

SO good.
1 comment:
I love the backyard set up! Looks so comfy and cozy...I do miss magnolia trees!
Post a Comment