1. We ate at a new restaurant. SUZE was delicious and charming and is located within walking distance of our house. We do not usually try out new restaurants for some reason. We are not food snobs but we just get in a rut.

2. I had two wedding showers in one day and BOTH were themed towards Mexican food and Margaritas. Greatness but not common to have two showers in one day with pretty much the same theme.
3. We made it to church for the third time in a row. Sad I know. We have been traveling so much it has been very difficult for us to attend consecutively. We pretty much go every Sunday we are in town but those are hardly ever back to back. It has been a real blessing for us to attend consecutively and thus learning so much on the Holy Spirit. More on this later.
4. After church we decided to do something different and go to the Dallas Art Museum downtown.

It was a rainy day and just perfect for the museum. Our typical Sunday afternoon schedule goes as follows:
a. Eat lunch after church (when we are in town- see #2)
b. Come home and immediately change into comfy clothes
c. Each grab a blanket
d. Get comfortable on our oversized sectional couch which allows us BOTH to completely lie down with unobstructed views of the TV
e. I usually fall asleep for several hours and David sneaks in a few documentaries while I'm out
f. Continue to watch TV or movies until bedtime
Now you see why going to a museum was unconventional and way more active than we ever are.
We had a great time though! I could look at paintings from Degas, Manet, Monet, Renoir and Van Gogh ALL day long.
This was my favorite. It's Claude Monet's Water Lilies.

Isn't it just stunning? To read more about this painting click HERE.
and 5. First weekend in a LONG time that we didn't have a houseguest.

Not that we don't love all of you who have stayed with us recently, but it was very nice to have the house back to ourselves all weekend!
2 comments:
So glad you got to go to SUZE!! I love unconventional weekends too. :)
Funny how you dropped the movie poster in! :) hehehhe
Post a Comment