Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Weekend of Accomplishments!

This past Labor Day weekend was one for the books! After getting off work on Friday we hopped in the car and drove to Waco to watch the BU vs. TCU game. You may not know this but the bears WON! 50-48!! It was truly the best Baylor game I've been to. Accomplishment #1.


Saturday, I attended my first ever Zumba class. Accomplishment #2. This was an accomplshment for me! It was tough but super fun!

After some George's food and catching up with our friends, David and I headed down to Austin, Texas. We had a great date night complete with a yummy dinner, some live music and Amy's Ice Cream. Probably not Accomplishment #3...but we'll go with it.



The BIGGEST accomplishment of the weekend however, was David participating and completing his first ever sprint triathlon!! I am so proud of him!!

We got up at 5:30am and headed to the race. His age group did not officially start until about 9:15am but it was pretty incredible to watch the olympic distance participants!

He started the race with a 1/2 mile swim in Town Lake. That's his group on the dock with the green caps about to jump in the water. (Click photos to make them larger)


His group starting the race, again in the green caps!


Then he jumped on his bike for a 16.8 mile bike ride!




Coming back down the hill after the 16.8 miles...



After that he ran a 5K or 3.1 miles.



WAY TO GO DAVID!!



His celebratory beer.



David, I'm so proud of you! You set this goal and worked hard to see it through!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

We are ALL SO proud!!! Steph -you were a terrific encouraging support for him. Love you both.

Papaw said...

So very proud of you David. I know this is just the first of many I hope. You have the best cheerleader ever. Love you both....

Papaw said...

Pretty darn cool!!! You made us all proud! Stephanie you are quite the cheerleader and photographer...thanks for sharing this with all of us. Maybe we'll all get motivated and get up off the couch! OR, we'll keep making signs for you, David! :)
Mama Cheryl