Friday, December 2, 2011

Recent Reads

I've recently been quite the reader. This is very odd for me to say because I NEVER read ANYTHING outside of school requirements. Even then, I might have been known to skim or use spark notes or pink monkey to get through some books. I just didn't enjoy it. It was not something I wanted to do with my time.

I don't know why this has changed but I really enjoy reading! What a revelation! :)

I still feel very strongly that I do not want to miss out on life experiences so I try to limit my reading to right before bedtime, on road trips and plane rides.

Every book I've recently read I loved. Here's the list..in case you care or need a new book.

1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.


I don't know how I missed reading this before but I've read it now. It took me less than a week to read because it was SO good. I'm still so touched by this story based on book of the Bible, Hosea. It is such a beautiful reminder of God's redemptive love. It's a must read.

2. A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers.


Once I realized I loved her writing style, I looked for another book by her. This is technically 5 short stories compiled into one bound book. It tells the story of 5 of the women in Jesus' lineage: Tamar, Rahab,Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. Each of these stories are both gripping and uplifting. You feel like you are walking through biblical times and are actually a part of the story. After I read each short story, I went back into Scripture and was completely impressed at how Francine did not stray away from scripture. Also a must read.

3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett.


You've probably either read this book or seen the movie or both. I don't really need to give you a review but I loved the book and have not seen the movie. I intend on renting it as soon as it comes out on DVD next week.

4. Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers.


Again, love her so I thought I'd keep reading her books! I'm on the third book in the trilogy and I'm loving every minute! David makes fun of these because the covers look like Romance novels. Ha! These books are great because they are fiction, but based on Biblical truths. These books remind me that God is sovereign, His plan perfect, that He is faithful, provides, and works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. It has also been so convicting that I need to share The Gospel more!

No comments: