Monday, June 10, 2013

Honeymoon Shower

This weekend we hosted a Honeymoon Couple's Shower for my baby brother and his soon-to-be wife!! Like David and I and many other couples, paying for your honeymoon can be a stressful thing on top of the wedding expenses! So we decided to throw a party to help them have the honeymoon of their dreams!

Honeyfund.com is the best way to do this...you can set up your own personal page and guests can buy certain items like: couples massage, private dinner on the beach, kayak excursion, sunset cruise etc.

I wanted the them to be nautical so I found a free invitation template on Wedding Chicks for the invitations. I then used my corner cutter to round the edges and lined the envelopes with a nautical navy/white stripe. Such an easy way to dress up plain white envelopes!







I was thrilled to find anchor plates at Target and crab/anchor napkins at Home Goods. My friend Lindsey brought the flowers and the other decor came from around my home. 
The Menu: 
Pioneer Woman's Sliders w/ caramelized onions and fry sauce
Chips & Salsa
Fruit Skewers
Veggies and dip
Pesto Pasta Salad w/ Mozzarella
Cupcakes 
My mom's famous Rice Krispies Treats


I had little goodie bags filled with Swedish Fish!



The happy couple...just 20 days away!