Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dress up your Cheese Pizza

So I love pizza. Just ask my husband. I am ALWAYS in the mood for pizza. I love thin crust, thick crust, plain cheese, veggie, salami (from Campisi's), you name it...as long as it isn't spicy or has anchovies- I love it.

SO I love this new idea my sister, Shawna gave to me. You order in a cheese pizza, heat up a frozen one, or if your feeling brave-make one from scratch.

Then in a separate bowl mix together:

prosciutto- any amount you want we bought 1/3 lb. and chopped it up
2 cups of Arugula
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
and salt and peper to taste...

After mixing it together just sprinkle on top of the cheese pizza and enjoy!

It is a perfect and inexpensive way to dress up a cheap, boring cheese pizza!!

We did this last night and it was delicious. I agree with Shawna though- serve with wine :)

ps- sorry no pictures...I didn't know I was going to like it so much...

1 comment:

Shawna said...

so glad you like it - it's one of our favs too and totally cost effective. :) now, don't go sharing all of the family recipes... lol.