Date night on Friday started it off right! David and I have been wanting to try out some of the restaurants in the Bishop Arts District. It's nestled right next to Oak Cliff which scared us at first, but it turned out to be so adorable!



Here's a little history in case you were wondering. Oak Cliff, originally named Hord’s Ridge, was first settled in 1837 as a farming community and in 1845 William H. Hord built the first permanent residence on the west side of the Trinity River. In 1887, hoping to draw in a better class of residents, the more appealing name of “Oak Cliff” was designated to the area.
Commonly known for being Stevie Ray Vaughn’s old stomping grounds, the Cliff has had its share of famous and infamous natives and residents, including guitarist Rocky Athas, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow (Clyde’s actually buried in a cemetery on Ft. Worth Ave.), Yvonne Craig (Batgirl), Ray Wylie Hubbard, Nancy Lieberman, Harvey Martin, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ray Price, Dennis Rodman, B. W. Stevenson, Jimmy Vaughn (Stevie’s brother); and T-Bone Walker, to name but a few.
We decided to eat at Veracruz Cafe and it was delicious! I would definitely go back.


Saturday I spent the day and night with Hannah for her bachelorette party!! It was so much fun! I don't have a camera yet so I'll have to snag some pics off facebook later..
Here's to counting down for next weekend! I live for the weekends, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment