Monday, April 11, 2011

Filling Holes

We have decided to renew our lease instead of buying a home so we're trying to fill the holes so to speak. I have several holes that have been driving me crazy for a year and now I want to do something about it. Well I finally took care of one hole recently and put up a little curtain in our kitchen. I really like how it turned out!


I used liquid stitch to help make this and it took me 15 minutes from cut to finish. It also only cost me $20 total! That includes the little bar and clips I picked up at Big Lots for $8.00.


It matches our lime green and yellow, Williams Sonoma hand towels perfectly!


One area I am not so sure about is our backyard. We planted some flowers this past weekend and learned a lot. Flowers are EXPENSIVE. Our budget was $100 and this is what we ended up with.

Talk about holes!! It looks so scarce and unfinished. I think the only thing to do is buy some greenery fillers...any ideas??
This spot gets direct sun so something that can handle that kind of Texas heat.


I repeat. Flowers are expensive!! I didn't even get to plant in my pots yet. I guess that will have to happen next month...

Sigh.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

but it's so much more fun to have projects lined up!!

Monkey Paw Engel said...

You crack me up with the flower talk! They ARE expensive and we don't have a good record of keeping them alive! We have become friends with mulch! Call us lazy!
Love your blog! I would like to add seeing you and David last Thursday as a thing I loved last Thursday!! Hugs!