Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Documentaries

I used to HATE documentaries. I can remember dreading having to watch documentaries in school with a questionnaire to make sure you were paying attention instead of sleeping. I was always quick to wrongly judge a documentary just because it was a documentary.

Well call me mature but I have really gotten into documentaries these days!

I HIGHLY recommend:

National Geographic Inside North Korea


North Korea is SO intriguing to me and this is a really well made documentary.

The Pixar Story


I absolutely LOVE every movie Pixar has put out. So it's a no-brain-er that I loved hearing the back stories to how the creative geniuses develop these beloved movies.

Cocaine Cowboys


This is a very interesting film on the Miami cocaine-trafficking boom during the 1980s.

Blood Into Wine.


Very interesting story how the lead singer from Tool starts a vineyard in the unlikely soil of Arizona.

I'm currently watching BABIES as I type this post. Loving it so far. IMBD says it's "a look at one year in the life of four babies from around the world, from Mongolia to Namibia to San Francisco to Tokyo."



All of these are available to watch instantly on Netflix should you wish to do so!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

who knew!? so intriguing.

maryleighedmonds said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon this post. Just this week, I decided to watch a documentary a week. Thanks for the recommendations - I will add them to my list!